3/25/2012

Vinyl and Canvas Project

I started off spring break in full crafting mode, but my fire was quickly burned out by a multitude of things like; side effect of new medicine, appointments I made for the kids, week long stomach bug that refused to leave my body, and it rained so much I thought about learning how to build an arc!

I got at least one project that has been floating in my head for months done with a little help from Pinterest and my Cricut.
I made a canvas sign using some love quotes from Matt and I's favorite movies.


I started in Cricut Craft room, placing things and moving them around, figuring which font was best to use. It was the first time I got to actually cut from the craft room, so that was exciting to see actually work out!


I also got to link my cartridges to the Craft room so I don't have to drag out all off the cartridges every time which is kind of a life saver since our computer is 3 rooms away.
****(Fonts and quote references at end of post)****


From experience I have learned to ALWAYS do a practice run!


I cut black vinyl and the settings I used was 4 blade, 3 pressure, 2 speed, and 1 multi cut.
I then transferred it from it's paper to the canvas using white contact paper, because it's really just as easy to use as transfer tape only cheaper.


I'm not sure if it was the vinyl or the canvas but I had a hard time getting it to stick, but i was careful and didn't mess it up.


I then painted the whole canvas by blotting (not sure again if it was the paint I used or the non-sticking vinyl but it still bled through some) using Gun Metal Grey Metallic paint. Then we pulled off all the vinyl.


Matt liked the way some of it bled through so I wasn't as upset about it as I thought I would be. I did have to touch up some as the smaller the lettering the more it bled through, so I used white paint and the non pointy end of a needle. I know there is a glare, but i wanted to show the shiny way it dried.


Here it is at home with some of the other movie themed decor.


***Font Cricut Cartridges used are listed in order used; Don Juan, Jasamin, Doodletype, George and Basic Shapes, All Mixed Up, and Sophisticated.

The art images are the lips from Don Juan, the hearts from Doodletype, and the man and woman with hear balloons was from best of 2009.

"You jump I jump remember"- Titanic
"I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her."- Notting Hill
"You complete me."-Jerry McGuire
"No measure of time with you will be long enough."-Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Pt. 1
"You're everything I never knew I always wanted."-Fools Rush In
"I want all of you, forever, everyday. You and me...everyday."-The Notebook

No comments:

Post a Comment