6/26/2011

Summer Book Review Vol. II

I didn't read as much these past couple of weeks because I wanted to work on some craft things, so sorry it's only three books.

Safe Haven
Nicholas Sparks

This book blew my mind!!! I don't wanna give too much away, but yes I cried, and yes I think it would make an AWESOME movie, (Which as I was looking for an image for this I found out there are rumors that it maybe coming soon).
I mean it's Nicholas Sparks, so it's expected to have some tragedy, heartache, and love.
Great summer read, especially if you're spending it on the beach.

Devil's Food Cake Murder
Joanne Fluke

I love this series! Hannah Swenson is a cookie store owner that happens onto murders that she ends up solving. This time around it's a case of possible mistaken identities. With a Pastor's murder to solve, being torn between two guys who vie for her affection, (one a womanizer the other a most obvious choice, but has been suspiciously putting distance between him and Hannah since his ex-fiance' came back to town), and dealing with her mother's book launch Hannah has her hands full.
Not only are these great books to read, but the author adds recipes that are talked about during the book ever so many chapters.
The only thing I did not like was the ending. I HATE being on the edge of my seat till the next book comes!!

Summer on Blossom Street
Debbie Macomber

This is a series I got started on last summer about a double surviving cancer patient that has opened a yarn shop and the people who end up taking her knitting classes.
I love that even though there are many different characters introduced at the end everything is wrapped up and comes together.

 Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment