7/28/2013

Project Share: A Name Sign for My Classroom

This past week if you follow my IG or YouTube I talked about this sign I made for my classroom. I started with a 12x12 canvas.
I used a Damask mask and blue acrylic paint first.


I then used Mod Podge to attach yellow scrapbook paper and multi color tissue paper. I also added some vintage looking Washi Tape.


I then used a heart shape mask and Tomato Red Tattered Angels spray.


Next, I used Gesso and a butterfly mask. BTW in between all these steps I used my heat tool to dry them. Once the Gesso was pretty dry I placed the mask back over it and used purple acrylic paint on the Gesso.


I then got some wax paper and used a dotted mask and sprayed Tiger Lily Tattered Angels on it. Dryer it tore pieces and attached them to the canvas with Mod Podge.


After that was done I splattered it with a dark green, (I think it Forest Green but not sure) Tattered Angels drops.


Last I used my Cricut and the Plantin Schoolbook cartridge to cut out my name in a really super thick black card stock, and used Mod Podge one again to adhere it.


This was my first time with this technique, hope you enjoy it. Thanks for reading!




















No comments:

Post a Comment