Not your plain Jane potato salad.
Loaded Baked Potato Salad
•2 1/2 lbs. Potatoes
•approx. 3Tbsp Olive Oil or Vegetable oil (more or less depending)
•1 1/2 sticks of Butter
•8oz. Sour Cream
•2 c. Shredded Cheddar Cheese (divided)
•Bacon pieces (I use Oscar Mayer Real Bacon Pieces found next to Bacobits) divided
• 1/2 c. Chopped Green Onions (divided)
1. Clean potatoes, brush each potato with oil, and then sprinkle with seasoned salt. Bake your potatoes to your liking via stove, Microwave, or grill.
2. While potatoes are warm cut up into bite sized pieces and place in a large bowl. Add butter and let melt. I mix this with my hands so it all gets coated but you can use an utensil.
3. This next step depends on your preference. Add the sour cream if you like it melted but if not put your potatoes in the fridge to cool a little.
4. When cooled if you did not already add sour cream do so now. Add 3/4 of your cheese, bacon, and onions. Making sure you mix it all in.
5. Now top with the remaining cheese, bacon, and onions.
Its ready to serve now or refrigerate till ready to serve. This makes enough for a small gathering.
**Variation: The type of potato you use is up to you. We have used both russet and red potatoes. I prefer the red potatoes personally.**
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry
Posted by Staci Brown