5/26/2009

Getting over the weekend..






Sorry for the long break, it's been a very busy week for me. Matt has aunts and uncles visiting for his cousin's graduation and a family reunion this weekend.

I also had our preschool graduation this past week (whew! I'm glad that's over with).

Friday night a guy that Matt works with came over with his wife and we were outside talking, enjoying the humidity (lol) when our neighbors came to their side of the fence and said, " You know this is a quiet neighborhood and here you all are right outside our baby's window talking and laughing". Ok I was feelin really horrible, I mean we usually get along great with these neighbors, so right when we were about to apologize she says, "I mean we are sitting in our back yard trying to enjoy are beer", and laughs. Whew! We all get to talking, and then they ask us to come sit on their front porch because it's bigger, screened in, and has a ceiling fan in it so of course we go. Time flies while we were talking, her boyfriend stated, "Wow, I can't believe you've lived here for almost a year and this is the first time we're doing this". We come rolling in our door and i am soo tired I can't figure out why, I look at the clock and it's 2:30!! I haven't stayed up that late since Isabelle had a hospital visit 4 or 5 years ago and my eyes were feelin the burn.



Sat. Isabelle and I went to stand in line at Old Navy for 3hrs. for 6 pairs of flip flops and an outfit for $25 dollars.(they had their flip flops on sale for a dollar and everyone in town came to get some). Matt's cousin has also been here all weekend long scrapbooking and avoiding her overcrowded house (all the aunts and uncles are over there). Matt's coworker and his wife came over again to play cards.


Sun. I just helped his cousin with her scrapbooking, and watched the Nanny with the kids because Sundays are our lazy days.




Monday we had a BBQ at our house, I made Loaded Baked Potato Salad, Cream Cheese Corn, Dale's Baked Beans, and Grasshopper Fudge Cake. Today I also scrapbooked 8 pages with his cousin.
I don't think this weekend will go any slower with everything going on, and I am sooo excited to get back up to Kansas to see everyone can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment